Digital Innovation with Public Purpose
StateUp 21 member Edgybees just raised $9.5 million USD. Here’s what you need to know about them.
What’s interesting about Edgybees?
- Edgybees began life as a gaming company that used AR to create realistic graphics.
- It subsequently began using drones and automated video analytics to capture live feeds of disaster situations overlaid with geo-information, including maps, building layouts, points of interest, and user-generated markers.
- Edybees now allows first responders to get a detailed overview of a disaster and make their decisions accordingly through enabling real-time situational awareness.
What contracts has Edgybees won?
- Edgybees has quickly made waves with a number of high-profile successes. In its first two years, it was used to combat wildfires in northern California and flooding in hurricane-stricken Florida. As well as natural disasters, the tech has been used to help firefighters, ambulances and police, suggesting a multiplicity of public safety use cases.
- Edgybees recently secured a £950 million award from the US air force, largely to improve the visual technology of its drone programme.