by Rachel Osnos
The StateUp-GX Talks Leadership Dialogue on September 1st brought together perspectives from the UK, UAE, and Israel for a high-level expert panel on the future of digital government innovation and service delivery. Moderated by StateUp Founder Dr. Tanya Filer, the discussion featured Shai-Lee Spiegelman, Israel’s Director General of the Ministry of Science and Technology; Theo Blackwell MBE, London’s first Chief Digital Officer; and His Excellency Mohamed Bin Taliah, Chief of Government Services of the United Arab Emirates Government.
The past year and a half have been transformative for governments everywhere. Technology has both kept many public servants going, becoming essential to their everyday functions– but even more so, it has become mission-critical to serving citizens. Drawing from this starting point, our conversation both reflected on this experience and looked to the future, to consider what the next wave of digital public services will look like and offer, and what role there is for citizens, innovation ecosystems, and startups, to play in that process.
- Understand the problem first
- Digital inclusion is a human right
- Bring the public along with you
- Higher data standards are here to stay, and this is to be welcomed
- Scale up innovations from receptive early adopters in government
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) could play a key role in government innovation in the next five years.
Download the PDF here for more details and examples of these 6 ideas.
Watch the full discussion here:
For this event, StateUp partnered with GX Talks, a dialogue series created and hosted by the Prime Minister’s Office of the UAE. For more information about GX Talks, click here.